ADHD and omega 3 fatty acids are linked to each other. It is being studied that omega 3 fatty acids could be one of the main natural treatments for reducing the symptoms of behavioural disorders. This is common among boys from western countries.
ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) is characterized by these symptoms:
- Usually makes sloppy mistakes
- Has difficulty sustaining attention in play activities
- Does not seem to listen when spoken to straight
- Does not follow through on instructions and fails to finish tasks
- Has difficulty organizing tasks and activities
- Avoids, dislikes, or is reluctant to engage in tasks that require sustained mental effort (such as school work, homework)
- Loses things needed for tasks or activities
- Easily distracted
- Forgetful in daily activities
Hyperactivity and Impulsivity
- Fidgets with hands or feet or squirms in seat
- Does not remain seated when expected to
- Runs or climbs excessively in inappropriate situations (in teens or adults, may be feelings of restlessness)
- Has difficulty playing or engaging in leisure activities quietly
- Acts as if “driven by a motor”
- Very talkative
- Blurts out answers before questions are completed
- Has difficulty waiting his or her turn
- Interrupts on other
Over 30 percent of an adult brain is made up of DHA fats and they have been proven to significantly minimize the effects of depression, bi-polar disorders and schizophrenia, and are shown to help patients in avoiding them in general with an everyday supplement.
Molecularly distilled omega 3 fish oils are the most effective way to use rather than eating fish oils directly from the main natural source. There have been many studies that show that fish that are being caught in the ocean might be contaminated with toxins and other heavy metal contaminants.
Molecular distillation produces fish oils that are pure and contaminate free.
DHA and EPA from fish oils are important in reducing some brain and behavioural disorders. Supplementing omega 3 fish oils are a proven treatment for ADHD symptoms and also other conditions like autism.